1. The Securities Account to be opened by me in the CDS shall be maintained for my benefit only.
2. The application and the documents attached thereto bear true and correct information and no alteration, modification or falsification was carried out to them to hide or deflect true facts.
3. In the event of a variation of any information given in this application, this Declaration and other information submitted by me along with the application to open a CDS Account, I undertake to inform the CDS & the Participant in writing within fourteen (14) days of such variation.
4. The funds to be invested for the purchase of securities through the Securities Account to be opened with the CDS will not be Funds derived from any money laundering activity or funds generated through the financing of terrorist or any other illegal Activity.
5. I have not been banned and/or rejected and/or suspended by any criminal/civil tribunal or administrative authority in Sri Lanka or in any other country in connection with the following offences:
- Engaging directly or indirectly in any transaction in relation to any property which is derived or realized directly or indirectly, from any unlawful activity or from the proceeds of any unlawful activity as defined by the Financial Transactions Reporting Act No. 6 of 2006;
- Receiving, possessing, concealing, disposing of or bringing into Sri Lanka or into any other country, or for investing in Sri Lanka or in any other country, any property which is derived or realized, directly or indirectly, from any unlawful activity or from the proceeds of any unlawful activity referred to above; or
- Any other offence which has been defined as an offence under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act No.5 of 2006 and any amendment thereto or any similar legislation in any other part of the world.
6. I hereby further declare that I am a person of good standing with no record of criminal convictions in relation to the offences stated above, in Sri Lanka or in any other country.
7. I declare that my application and other relevant documentation to open a CDS account has not been refused or any business relationship has not been declined previously by any other Participant of the CDS.
8. I further declare and agree that, should the CSE/CDS determine any statements made by me herein to the contrary, (or any such matter through publicly available information or otherwise) which would in the opinion of the CSE/CDS be detrimental to the CDS as an institution having to comply with the laws/regulations of Sri Lanka pertaining to transactions of its account holders or parties connected to such account holders, the CDS is hereby authorized to unilaterally terminate all depository and such other services connected to me and recover related costs or other expenses pertaining to this account.
9. I declare that the information set out in the application is true and accurate and our investments will be in accordance with such information:
10. I hereby confirm that - contents of application form, along with the employment details and information related to Politically Exposed Persons and the Declarations have been duly read over and understood by me prior to submitting the application. The information provided by me in the said application form along with the employment details and information related to Politically Exposed Persons and the Declarations is accurate. I further agree that, I shall be bound by terms and conditions and the Declarations.